adding to current stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a 220l tank
My stock as it is
Kulie loach x5 (wrong spelling I know)
Tri colour barbs x 9
5 banded barbs x5
Ruby shark
Otto cats x5
Gn pleco
Two swordtail fish (females)
I know I am not over stocked but to me my tank looks rather empty was wondering what fairly good size fish can I add to this stocking without overstocking it
Thanks

Sorry to be picky and off topic, but your substrate has got to be changed to a sand or river rock. Your plants and other decor look fantastic, but the carnival bubblegum rock is holding the tank back.
Your current stock shouldn't create a huge bio load if you wanted a couple more peaceful community fish.

Sorry to be picky and off topic, but your substrate has got to be changed to a sand or river rock. Your plants and other decor look fantastic, but the carnival bubblegum rock is holding the tank back.
Your current stock shouldn't create a huge bio load if you wanted a couple more peaceful community fish.

Can I ask why you think it need to change? Just cos it looks wrong? Why change something if its working in my favour no issues within the tank and for all I know putting sand in which ive never have use before could cause me more headaches would mind eventaully to change the colour of gravel to something different like black gravel but the hassel of removing fishes, plants draining the water just to put something that looks "better" and btw I know I can put more fish in but I dont know what would look good in that tank without over stocking

Can I ask why you think it need to change? Just cos it looks wrong? Why change something if its working in my favour no issues within the tank and for all I know putting sand in which ive never have use before could cause me more headaches would mind eventaully to change the colour of gravel to something different like black gravel but the hassel of removing fishes, plants draining the water just to put something that looks "better" and btw I know I can put more fish in but I dont know what would look good in that tank without over stocking

I wouldn't change it just for aesthetic reasons. There is just too much risk involved to the stability of the tank. If you ever need to tear it down for any reason however, I'd change it then ;)

The reason Tbox suggested u change your gravel is because the loaches need river gravel or sand because they get scraped up when they burrow in anything else.( I think)

Aquariumlover raises good point. I'm just really into trying new things and rearranging my aquascapes. That's the fun part to me. It's a little work, but I think you and your fish would be happy with the end result.

Aquariumlover raises good point. I'm just really into trying new things and rearranging my aquascapes. That's the fun part to me. It's a little work, but I think you and your fish would be happy with the end result.

Thanks for the advice and will take it in to account base on the loaches needs, anything to make it a happier and safer tank is my main priority but I dont want to go for normal gravel colour had that before and its boring and not sure about sand I think I would have more issues with it, would one tone colour small size gravel work for the loaches?
And if I did go ahead with it providing the funding allowed me what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks for the advice and will take it in to account base on the loaches needs, anything to make it a happier and safer tank is my main priority but I dont want to go for normal gravel colour had that before and its boring and not sure about sand I think I would have more issues with it, would one tone colour small size gravel work for the loaches?
And if I did go ahead with it providing the funding allowed me what would be the best way to do it?

If the gravel you have now isn't sharp, then its perfectly fine for your loaches. Stress less :)
(y)

Gouramis, could I have them with my list stated above as I am looking for a addittion or two just to bring something eye catching to the tank and Ive read conficting information some say its fine with shark and barbs, but ive read somewhere that barbs is too much for the Gourami and they get stress... if I can which
Gourami would be okay in my tank and if I cant then another idea please

What about an angel or 2 maybe they should have no problem with barbs as there quite fisty then selves

I read somewhere that angels cant be kept with barbs for some reason thats why I havent thought about them cos angles got long fins or something and barbs can be nippy type of fish even thou I got the tri colours which isnt as nippy... but if someone can chime in and say it would work then it would be something I would put in my tank providing my tank enough for them....

If your worried check aquadivisor it red flags stuff

Of course why didnt I think of that I use it all the time but problem with that it like yo under stock the tank not that its a bad thing but feel it could be added a like more... make sense?

Back
Top Bottom