Addition ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon tank with 10 neons, a 6 albino cories. Any recommendations for additions? I'm not sure. Any ideas are welcome. :)

No angels. It will eat the neons.
Pearl gourami, dwarf gourami, hatchetfish, leopard danios, rams, a keyhole cichlid, rummy nose tetras, emperor tetras, penguin tetras, ember tetras, guppies, platys, kuhli loaches, bristle nose pleco, clown pleco, x-ray tetras, small killifish species, serpae tetra, black phantom tetra, glass catfish, opaline gourami, or mollies to name a couple of options. ;)

If I was gonna do gouramis I'd drop in sparklers. Lol. And I saw a frog Pleco online. Any ideas on them? I've never heard about them. I want a few more bottom darkness and a mid/top water species school.

Sparkling gouramis would be cool. Killifish stay on the top. Another bottom dwelling species would be kuhlu loaches, but I don't think you could see them well against the black gravel. I have never heard of a frog pleco.

I have sand in the tank no gravel. I found the frog Pleco in my tropical fish pocket guide after seeing it mentioned online.

I have sand in the tank no gravel. I found the frog Pleco in my tropical fish pocket guide after seeing it mentioned online.
I saw you said "bottom darkness" and I guess I thought you meant the bottom was dark colored. Brain spasm. Anyway, I still suggest kuhlis. Any luck finding more info on a frog pleco?

Lol. Autocorrect. I meant dwellers. My apologies for my error. :)

No luck on the frog plecos. Kind of a heart break. They are very unique looking.

Just found more info. Too big for my tank. :( 8 in max. More commonly referred to as Frog Bristelnose. L34. And it's a anti social species only fish.

I'm checking out species in my 'Pocket expert guide to tropical fish' by Sweeney, Bailey, and Norman. So many beautiful species. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom