Additional filtration and capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is possible, but the number of people that are to that point are definitely in the minority.

True. But that doesn't make it wrong or irresponsible to try and educate the minority. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I was thinking JAFG

Saying large water changes arent required to someone that is newish to the hobby is pointing them in fhe direction of a catastrophic tank failure.

I will try to dig up fhe scientific study for you regarding fish immunity and nitrate levels.

I disagree on that. If someone has a 30 gallon cycled tank. Heavily planted, with 8 neon tetras and a pair of dwarf guaramis. There is no reason to change 50 percent of the water each week. The main point of changing that water in my opinion is to rid the tank of detritus, fish waste, and the un eaten food. If you can thoroughly clean the bottom of the tank and plants with a 5 gallon wTer change. That's all you need. This water change topic has been beaten to death on so many other threads and the conclusion I have made and will stick with, is that water changes depend on your tanks situation.

Back
Top Bottom