Additional stocking suggestions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyDaughtersKeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is where I'm at so far.

9 cherry barbs
12 serpae tetras
5 neon tetras
6 total Cory's
6 bleeding heart tetras
2 silver Dollars (@ 2 years old)
1 weather loach

The tank is a 125 running 2 Emperor 400's. I intend on adding a third or possibly a canister at some point to be stay over filtrated. I'm really torn on a Pearl Gourami, powder blue, opaline, paired with possibly a Fire mouth or maybe some rams or kribs. I sit and stare at ll of these and I just can't make up my mind. I'm thinking some or most on here have had some experience with some of these and can put some of this to bed for me as far as compatibility My ultimate goal is to get a couple larger mid and upper level companions for my community. Thank you in advance and all suggestions welcome!

Chad

IMO you'd do better with getting either the Pearl or Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami as they "usually" are alittle less aggressive than the Opalines. I would stay away from the firemouth cichlid as they will get rather large and IMO not the best choice for your current stock. Kribs can get very aggressive, I've always ended up giving mine their own tank. But a pair of rams in a 125 would do great. Just be sure not to put any German Blue Rams in your tank until it is matured about 6 months as they don't do well in new setups.

IMO you'd do better with getting either the Pearl or Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami as they "usually" are alittle less aggressive than the Opalines. I would stay away from the firemouth cichlid as they will get rather large and IMO not the best choice for your current stock. Kribs can get very aggressive, I've always ended up giving mine their own tank. But a pair of rams in a 125 would do great. Just be sure not to put any German Blue Rams in your tank until it is matured about 6 months as they don't do well in new setups.

Thank You for the experience. Are there any other medium sized mid swimmers that I may be missing? Also, with what I currently have and let's say I do add a Gourami and a pair of rams at some point will Marbled hatchet's be ok up top in this tank or will a Gourami bother them?

In a tank that large there shouldn't be a problem as there won't be any crowding in too small a space issue.

I would say go with Bolivian rams as they are a bit larger and much more hardier and just as nice as blue rams.

Back
Top Bottom