Additions to my community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conrad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking to add to my tank quite soon and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I currently have a 94 litre tank with 2 GBR, 4 tri corys, 4 glass catfish and 4 gold neon tetra. I want something with personality and colour but nothing that will upset any of my tank mates. My GBR are breeding regular so this is a key factor for me. I've had pairs of dwarf gouramis and Kribs but they proved too vicious for other tank mates.

Well, I don't know much about some of the types of fish you have but I would up both the corys and the neons to 6. They will be much happier in a bigger school.

bud29 said:
Well, I don't know much about some of the types of fish you have but I would up both the corys and the neons to 6. They will be much happier in a bigger school.

I agree.

I would up the schools of the tetras and the cory's.

Glass catfish like being in larger groups of 5 or more. However I'm not sure with your tank size if you could up the numbers of them as they can reach 4 inches in length.

Your GBR's should show some beautiful colours if you give them enough time to grow and mature properly. Also diet plays a big part in colour.

What food are you currently feeding?

Jon

Thanks both, Jon-- I feed them flakes once a day and brine shrimp on the day of my pwc. I have started to give them lettuce which they love.

This could be your problem.

Look for Hikari Cichlid Gold pellets they contain things like carotein for added colour etc.

I feed my bolivians and community flakes roughly twice a week.

I feed

Tetra Prima Granules
Tetra Pleco Multi wafers
Flakes
Freeze dried Daphnia
Bloodworm
Hikari Cichlid Gold 3mm pellets
And I also have some cichlid mix in the freezer as a treat from BCUK foods.

Added to this I also feed cucumber, lettuce, the occasional pea. I also fast the tank on Monday's. This means no one gets any food whatsoever.

Jon

I could do with giving my rams more variety but I don't think it's affecting their colour?

Attachments

• image-718456171.jpg
    image-718456171.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom