ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uh can get you get a close up of her face? From straight on and from the side?

I can't tell for sure. Something definitely is off about her. In the second pic it does appear there's an eye but I'm still not sure. Check her out real close...use a magnifying glass if you can find one..try to figure out what's going on there.

She was dead. She smelled rotten and didn't flinch or anything. Plus when I dropped her from the net to see if she would swim. She just slowly sank to the bottom.

I almost said oh look you are fattening her up nicely :( This is why them not visibly coming up for air concerned me. It's often an early indicator of dropsy.

She was dead. She smelled rotten and didn't flinch or anything. Plus when I dropped her from the net to see if she would swim. She just slowly sank to the bottom.

OK. I have before reached in to remove a frog that I thought was dead and instead further stressed a dying frog so I was gonna say wait until you haven't seen any movement for hours. So sorry you lost her :(

An air pump oxygenates the water for fish but this will have no affect on your frogs. They do not have gills. An air pump will also cause surface movement which would make it even more difficult for a ill frog to rise for air.

I would save the frog in the freezer until you can take her in for a refund/new frog.

Back
Top Bottom