Adjusting spray bar on filter..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this possible on a Penguin 200? If so what does it do? Someone told me that if I adjust it and let it spray on the back of the wheel therefore resulting in less noise.

The spray bar is what has the holes that the water comes out of to turn the wheel.

You can adjust that by turning the bar to go up or down. I will see if I can get a picture on mine. Also, it may be your flow rate. The lever to adjust that is on the right corner...it's gray. All the way up means full water flow. Lowering it will slow the flow down.

Also, have a towel handy. The first time I adjusted the bar, I took the wheel out and water went all over the top of the hood. Lol!
Spray%20bar%20008.jpg

If this works, that's my thumb and forefinger on the spray bar. If you notice the very bottom right corner you can see the gray flow adjuster.

hey locorosa, what HOB is that? Is that an Emp 280? Mine doesn't have that grey part.

Also,
for the biowheel, what's best? a fast rotation or a slow one?

Pooh....I forgot you have a different model. Speaking of which...I got to have my hands in a magazine photo once. Lol!

It is an Emperor 280 btw.

I have it on the fastest rotation and highest water output. I had some fat goldies though so you may have to adjust according to your little ones. I may have to...I forgot I am stocking small tetra's and hatchets in here.

Well Marconis, I showed off for nuttin I guess. I am not sure what to tell you now. :)

You have to be a girl I guess. They save those for the cute fish owners.

Back
Top Bottom