adult platys stomachs turning white!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittmann

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I am new to this site!

I had 2 female & 2 male platys in a ten gallon for 5 months now. 3 months ago one of the platys had babies. I took out the fry and put them in a 5 gallon to grow old enough so the adult platies wouldnt eat them. 7 of them have survived! Today I had to move the 10 gallon to my boyfriend house. And decided to add the 7 baby platies into the 10 gallon with the 4 adult platies.

I kept half of the original 10 gallon water and put new water in to fill the rest.
I added the fry in first and then added the adults in. Everything is going fine between them all, but my 3 of my adult platies stomachs have lost color and turned almost white.
Is this because of stress?
I am a little concerned.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, I've never had platies so I wouldn't really know, but people would benefit from seeing a pic if you can post one :)

Welcome to the forum, I've never had platies so I wouldn't really know, but people would benefit from seeing a pic if you can post one :)

image-1526014554.jpg

I don't know if you can tell in this picture well. But they are swimming at scattery and its hard to get a picture.
I also thought it may be the new light bulb I'm using? I am kind of unsure. I was using a canopy with LEDs in them before and now I am just using a light like this ....

image-3198771296.jpg

it's a 30watt day light bulb.
cause when I turned it on to take a picture that's when the fish went nuts!

Back
Top Bottom