Advice on a cichlid tank and community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishandmusic81 said:
One of the tanks will be tropical its my favorite but theirs so many choices I just wanted to see if I could try cichlids in one but I guess I'll pick something else maybe another reptile of some sort lol

Rams are Cichlids

Rams are Cichlids

Very cool Cichlids I might Add.

If you are looking at Rams , might I suggest Bolivian Rams. I have 4 now, I wish I started with them.

They are a little Hardier than GBR but not as Colorful. They are not as sensitive to Nitrates as German Blues...although you still need to be vigilant.
PWC are required on a regular basis.

Pton46 said:
Very cool Cichlids I might Add.

If you are looking at Rams , might I suggest Bolivian Rams. I have 4 now, I wish I started with them.

They are a little Hardier than GBR but not as Colorful. They are not as sensitive to Nitrates as German Blues...although you still need to be vigilant.
PWC are required on a regular basis.

Oh ok I'll see if I can find some at any lfs

An alternative to rams, you could get kribensis. I love mine I have a male and female in my 46 community tank and they are awesome. Can be aggressive when breeding though. But that's pretty much cichlids in general.

Back
Top Bottom