Advice on a schooling group of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a question! If you have peaceful tank mates, the options are VERY wide open. Tetras, danios, and rasboras come to mind. What kind of fish do you like? And what else is in there?

Rosenweiss said:
What a question! If you have peaceful tank mates, the options are VERY wide open. Tetras, danios, and rasboras come to mind. What kind of fish do you like? And what else is in there?

I only have two mickey mouse platy fish

really you want to look at some fish and then come here with the fish you like bc there are sooo many that there is no way to list them. oh and i see you also live in TN. i'll be in knoxville in a couple of weeks on vacation.

allaboutfish said:
really you want to look at some fish and then come here with the fish you like bc there are sooo many that there is no way to list them. oh and i see you also live in TN. i'll be in knoxville in a couple of weeks on vacation.

That's great. Knoxville is nice. I like neon tetra

allaboutfish said:

Oh ok, they are cool too either one of those could work

you could do 12 of them then do something like 12 harlequin rasboras and a centerpiece fish. a dwarf gourami or a pair of dwarf cichlids.
dwarf gourami
gourami_neon_blue_male.jpg

bolivian ram
bol_ram_2_09-06-2006.jpg

german blue ram
german-blue-ram-large.jpg

cockatoo apisto
Double+Full+Red+Cockatoo+Cichlid.jpg

You can do just about any kind of small/medium schooling fish you want. Some interesting ones are:

Congo tetras
Rummynoses tetras
Bloodfin tetras
Flame tetras
Kerri tetras
Hifin blue danios
Harlequin rasboras
Cardinal tetras
Penguin tetras
Giant danios
Serpae tetras
Gold tetras (a personal favorite)
Leopard danios
Glofish

depends it is one of the most common apistos. you might could find it, but you might have to order it. i dont know nashvilles a big city theyre has to be lots of fish stores. i have 2 apistos now that i ordered from HN1 and severum mama. they dont have any now but im sure they can get some more.

Back
Top Bottom