Advice on more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishstan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 150g. 11 cichlids 3to 4 inches. 5 of them are angles. Can I add 3 more angles the same size or smaller? Thanks.

That's an overstocked tank. It may not look like it now but as those fish grow you're most likely going to run into trouble. If it were mine, I'd remove all the angels. The jack dempseys will probably begin terrorizing them, the severums will be pretty iffy with the angels. I know some people who keep angels with severums with no issues but I know more people who weren't able to keep the two together, myself included. My severum was relentless in attacking other fish.

I'd recommend deciding which you want more, the jack dempseys and severums or the angels. With either of the pairs of fish you might also run into territorial aggression especially if they begin breeding.

What are the dimensions of the tank? Is it a 6' or 4' 150?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It is the 4' 150. I do hear you. From some of the expirance I have, I have found it's best to get all your fish young, an together. I have a separate tank for my breeding pair of albino Jacks. No one bothers the Angels but the Angels themselves. I believe I have to male Jacks because they spend most of their time either eating or bugging each other. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom