Advice on these tanks specs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok local fish store has a 60G tank which I do not know the specs for 65 bucks, I called another store and they told me a 75g tank
48 1/2x15 1/2x25
with glass cover is about $170.00 they said thell call me back cause I told them if they give me a good deal I'll buy the tank, stand, xp3 and four rams from them. I was looking and really thinking is it better to get the 75L that mesures 60'' instead of 48? will this be a big difference for the fish. and is thir any difference with the stands if its pine or oak, is one more sturdy than the other. what you think about the prices.

Oak is much stronger (and heavier) than pine. It's usually obvious in the price tag as well. You might want to check the contruction, a lot of times the oak is simply an oak vaneer that's not really the support structure. In wich case it's really a question of what you think looks better.

I think you may have confused gallons/liters or inches/gallons in there somewhere. a normal 75 gallon tank is 48x18x20 inches, the long is 60 inches (not sure on depth/width) and it's shorter. If you have the room the long tank is going to be easier to work on and give more room for your fish to move around. All in all, the longer tank is usually better if you have the room.

The 48 1/2x 15 1/2x 25inch tank is going to be a 75 gallon tall tank. Having dealt with a tall tank myself, don't do it! It gets to be a pain stretching your arm up to the shoulder if you drop something or need to reach the bottom of the tank for anything. Personally the next tank I have to take my shirt off to reach the bottom of, will be to put on scuba gear.

$170 sounds about right to me for a new 75 gallon tank, but I really haven't shopped for them much. Scored a used 75 with stand for $60 myself. :mrgreen:

where do you all find these cheap tanks! lol i paid like 300 for mine with a stand and its only a 29 gal, came with starter kit but all crappy filtration and i didnt use the gravel anyway.

i want a cheap tank! i want to buy 3 tanks soon...

2-75 gal
1-55 gal

good lord I bought my first 10g for $9.99 and my 20G for $30.00 and the only less expensive tanks I have found are the 60G long 48x16x18 somewhat are about $50.00 to $65.00 and the pine stand are $80.00 and canopy is $69.00

Best places to look are friends, garage sales, local swaps, and stuff like that. I picked up my 75 because a friend of mine was moving and the new fiance wasn't going to let him have his 90, 75, 55 and 10 gallon tanks and the turtles, eguana, few dozen birds and 3 cats. For some reason she was anti-zoo theme for her new home. It was for the better anyway.

Used tanks are always cheaper, and the steel stands are the cheapest route. Granted you have to deal with cleaning water stains and the metal stands don't look as nice as a wood cabinet stand. All in all it's worth the deal most of the time.

I agree with Skyrmir, I got mine from people that I pet sit for. I have bought a 40 gal at a swap meet for 15.00 and a 30 gal for my crested gecko for 25, and several 10 gal for 5-10 .. go to Craigslist.com they always have good deals. :

do a search....also go to your local newspaper for for sale/wanted ads..I always see aquariums in the Atlanta Journal...I do not know where you live...Good Luck..also go to your local pet store they might have extras for sale. It may take you a little time but you will find them...It always took me a little time.

Back
Top Bottom