advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so about a month ago i bought a 29 gallon marineland kit with biowheel 200 and i already had a 25 gallon with 2 tetra internal filters so ijust moved everything from my 25 gallon over to the 29 gallon and ran it for a week then i took the filters out and took the bio sponges from then 2 tetra internals and shoved them inside the floss sock from the internal and then shoved those in front of my penguin filter cartrage and ran it liek that for three weeks and now im to the point where im ready to take the sponges out of there and just run a stock penguin 200 but im worried about the bb not beign grown on the bio wheel so my questions are

1 is three weeks long enough for the bacteria to spread??
2 how can i safely remove the other filter socks and sponges??
3im looking for more fish to add to my aquarium i have 11 endlers live bearers 2 three lines and 6 peppered corys , so i would really like 1 more school ??

1. Doesn't work like that, you can only have an amount of bacteria corresponding to the amount of ammonia generated in the tank (Bioload). At the moment the majority of that bacteria exists on the old media so I can't think why any real amount of bacteria would be formed on your new filter media.

2. Remove varying sources of old biomedia one at a time, testing your parametres daily and doing water changes as required.

Back
Top Bottom