Advise a community fish aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHRIMP17

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have a 260l aquarium and I have decided I want to start fresh while still keeping some of my fish. I currently have 5 guppies, 6 rosy barbs, a bristle nose pleco and a rainbow shark. I think I am definitely willing to lose the barbs. What fish could I add to this to make it a nice community aquarium? I was thinking maybe corydoras and neon or cardinal tetras. Any advice will be much appreciated

Community options will be limited with the rainbow shark in the tank. The shark most likely will eat the guppies once it gets big enough, and any other similarly-sized fish. If you really want to keep the shark, your best bet probably would be with larger loches (like botia), larger barbs such as tiger, rosy, and denison. If you re-home the shark, however, your options really open up.

I have had the shark or a year and nothing bad has happened? If I were to re home the shark what could I get? Tetras, corys, could it be possible to have a BGKF or elephant nose?

IME rainbow sharks aren't bad. Mostly they establish a territory n might chase away other fish from it but that's about it. I had two guppies in with my adult rainbow for months before I moved them n they stayed in tact!

Back
Top Bottom