African brown knife Qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
What type of food do you feed these guys?

Are they hardy at all?

Do they need lots of hiding spots?

Anything else I need to know tell me please.

They are very peaceful, however they will eat any fish that will fit into their mouths. Some have success keeping them with fish such as tetras, others have not. They should not be kept with aggressive fish, as they will easily be bullied.

They really like frozen bloodworms, and they are pretty hardy. Overall I think they are really cool fish, underestimated in this hobby :)

Alright cause I ordered one for my 55 gallon tank the only thing in there now is a 3.5 inch senegal bichir. So I hope the African Knife will be fine with him.

I agree they are super cool looking fish and don't get as big as any of the other knifes that's what I like most.

Yes they are I really like my new bichir I was worried at first but this seems like its turning out to be a great idea. Haha but hey just wondering can I put anything in with these two? I really want to add something else any ideas at all at this point are appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom