Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

African butterfly fish? Or suggestions

I'm looking for a replacement fish after my sailfin pleco died about a week ago and I was thinking possibly the butterfly fish. Currently I have a 55 gallon, and 3 angle fish, a African leaf fish, a African catfish, and a rainbow shark. I was wondering if anyone can either give me input on the butterfly fish or can give me some suggestions of other suitable tank mates. If you need more info just let me know

Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It could work. The fish you listed shouldn't be eaten and can hold their own. Just make sure you have a lid on the tank. I worked with them before and I was always afraid to leave the lid on the tank open for a brief moment.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's what I'm afraid of, i always have the lid on but when water changes occur I'm just concerned. Also all my fish are quite large, had them for alittle over a year
Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

If you get an ABF make sure you have some floating plants, as they like to hide and rest in them.

Tags
african, african butterfly, butterfly, fish, fly, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com