African Dwarf Frogs and Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verontron

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm wondering if I put an African Dwarf Frog with my male betta and neon tetra it will eat the neon tetra. Is that most likely to happen?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It could eat them it depends on the betta test it don't put it with a fish that can fit in its mouth as soon as you see aggression separate them or it can end up bad the tetras will be fine with the frogs tho

Alright awesome. Thank you.

Unless the adf catches the neon off guard getting close enough, he won't eat it. Frogs aren't very fast and would have to get close to the neon to be able to snag it. I have 5 adfs with cherry shrimp and though they have tried, they've never caught a shrimp that I have seen. The shrimp are way too quick. Plus the frogs can't lunge if just free swimming. They push off on something when they lunge. The tetra would have to be either swimming near the bottom or next to something the frog can hang onto. As for the betta, idk. I've read both good and bad on that pairing. If you get a frog, get at least two. They are more active when they have companions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have kept 4 african dwarf frogs with 12 lampeye killies (smaller than neons) in my 20g for many years and there has never been any problem.

My ADF has been in my tank with neon tetras with no problems. I don't think it sees well enough to make a move at a fish even if it tried. Good addition to a tank

Back
Top Bottom