african dwarf frogs commiting suicide???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallchik77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
seriously!!!! I have a 20 gal set up and I just got a new filter (aquaclear 20-50) that has been running for a couple of weeks now. last night my husband and I had to dig one of our dwarf frogs out of the intake valve. his legs had got sucked up and the rest of his body was hanging out. poor guy =(. this morning, i turn the tank lights on and what do you know!!!! the other frog had done the same thing!!!! i'm pretty sure he was just traumatized by the death of his bro, though. i have been wanting to put a sponge prefilter on the intake. can i just put a fluval replacement sponge on it? its the only thing i can find at petsmart and that is the closest pet shop to where we live. and anybody have any clue as to what the heck these dumb frogs are trying to do???

Yes just wrap some filter media around it. I use a rubber band and just replace the rubber band and rinse the media every so often. This may decrease the flow capacity of your filter though so be aware of that... Anything you put in the way will do that though.

Back
Top Bottom