africans or community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so it won't be for a while BUT i was wondering if i should transform an old 40g to an african tank or a community tank.
for the 40 the stocking would be:
6-10 yellow labs
or...:
2 angels, 2 rams, a peacock eel, and a small group of schooling fish
so whats your guys opinions???

Community sounds more interesting.

But the labs would breed and that would be cool.

I have a african cichlid tank and it's amazing!!! I also like angels I could go back and forth. Breeding the labs aren't easy as you think!!! With just lab it would be Malawi setup!!! I would go for community though!

Honestly I love the community tank but at the same time I think that cichlids are mire fun just because if the colors and their behaviors

i also have a 30g sitting around how would that affect both the stocking set ups. I'm upgrading my other community tank and i thought i was going to put it in the 30g but what would happen to those stocking ideas if i switched it around?

Go community! Haha your stock would be very similar to mine. What type of schooling fish you thinking about? Not sure how many cichlids yoj could fit in there anyways

Really I think it will depend on what you want to do with it . Do a little on the side research and you can either build your tank around your schooling fish or vise versa.

You could do two medium schools of small tetras or something, or you could do one big school of a larger type of schooling fish.. I think i would get two medium schools of smaller fish, its more interesting

Back
Top Bottom