Again???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yikes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

So last time i was on, I shared about how we had a couple of baby platties born and my molly had given birth. Since we didn't know they were pregnant they had the babies in the tank and they seemed to do fine.
They did just fine (Well at least as far as we know, I counted 12 mollies, I rehomed 12 mollies)-my fish are either slow, not hungry or the babies are fast...or whatever?? :confused:

Anyways a few weeks after that the guppy had babies-I got a baby tank and put the ones I could catch in. Regardless-all did fine. None died, I never even saw the fish go after them, they just swam around like they had a right to be there.:popcorn:
They would eat from the same algae tablet as my big male molly :blink: (I will totally get a feeding time video of that to share if you are interested?)

I found some ads on Kijiji of people looking for free livebearers and a family member took some and my tank was back to normal numbers.

Sooo I walk by my tank last weekend and peer in and what to my wondering eyes should appear? At least fifteen tiny mollies...:banghead:

This morning-:banghead: Guppies...guppies everywhere

Seriously? :blink:

Anyone else have this happen? I know this sounds dumb but anyway to put a horomone in the water so they won't keep doing this? I tried making them watch '16 and pregnant' to no avail-scare tactics are not working. Is there no fishy birth control? What do y'all do with the fish-if you have livebearers? (none of the stores I called were interested in free fish!).

Any problem with an all-male tank? I know live bearers can go on a one way trip to male (one of my platties is on that journey...:popcorn:) so if I went all male and rehomed my females...would that be a solution?

Or should I quit my job and become a fish breeder?:angel: (JK!!)

First off.... LOL!

It does happen that way with livebearers sometimes. There shouldn't be any serious issues with an all male tank if you are growing tired of molly farming.

Back
Top Bottom