Aggressive Columbians and Gouramis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eoin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It has become fairly apparent to me that either my columbian tetras or my dwarf gouramis scared my other fish from eating (cardinals and black phantoms). In my research on the web I hadn’t found anything to indicate that either of these fish would be a problem with peaceful tank mates. Even liveaquaria recommends tetras as suitable community fish.

I’m wondering, has anyone had a problem with either columbian tetras or dwarf gouramis interacting with peaceful tank mates?

What might you recommend as more suitable tank mates for these fish, or were the ones I had just fine, but the unfortunate victims of an (some) abnormally aggressive fish?

I have had an aggressive male dwarf gourami...but that was more towards another male dwarf gourami...I have no had any personal experience with columbian tetras.

What size tank is this? Gouramis, especially males are territorial and can become aggressive if they feel their "territory" is threatened.

Back
Top Bottom