Aggressive fish for 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jwspong

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was looking to get a single aggressive fish for a 29 gallon tank. I know most aggressive fish grow quite large, but are they're any that grow to about 6 inches? Any that get bigger but are slow growers? My lfs accepts all fish, so dropping it there once it gets too large wouldn't be a problem.

Also, not a fan of cichlid like fish. Was thinking something along the lines of a Hujeta Gar, heard they stay under 10 inches.

Thanks!

Pretty cool.. Are those the same as african leaf fish? I've seen the leaf fish for sale before..

Arrowhead puffers are insanely aggressive and will be fine if kept alone in a 29 with sand substrate.

Do you want aggressive or predator? The two are different. I suggested predator but of you want just mean fish that opens your options up a lot

Real african leaf fish (not ctnepoma) are very cool predators but not aggressive at all.

What da heck is the difference between the leaf fish and leopard bush fish? I'm getting some people saying they're the same, others saying different. ?

They are different species but very similar

If that was directed at me then I respectfully disagree :) I have had both (the ctnepoma was shortly with me) and though they look similar real leaf fish stay smaller and are better predators.

If that was directed at me then I respectfully disagree :) I have had both (the ctnepoma was shortly with me) and though they look similar real leaf fish stay smaller and are better predators.

But are none the less similar fish. Leopard ctenopoma are great predators, but not as picky as the true African leaf fish.

Pretty sure my lfs had the true leaf fish in stock. Looked more like a dead leaf, not really spotted.

Back
Top Bottom