Aggressive Pearl Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsbrawley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank, stocked with 10 Black Neons, 1 Guppy, 7 Sterbia Cory, and 1 Pearl Gourami. All the fish seem fine, except during feeding time.

When I feed the Pearl eats all the floating flakes, and then goes down to the bottom and chases off the Cory any time they have found food, sometimes hitting the Cory to make it go away, and then picking up the food, over and over until he's satisfied there is no more food

I'm curious regarding how I should proceed? Everything I read was that Pearl Gourami's aren't aggressive, should I take him back to the LFS and try my luck with another one (His colors are gorgeous)? Should I just let it be (since it's just during feeding)? Or is there anything I can do to help the issue?

Feed him more.
Offer more flake to fill him before and while the cories feed.
Pearls are big fish in compare to tetras,gups and eat much more..
Just a thought as I have kept pearls.They are known to be the most peaceful of gouramis to which over the years and different gouramis I agree with.
Good luck, if you got a nice male they are stunning.The champagne of gouramis IMO.(y)

I'll try and up the flakes, and see what happens. He doesn't bother any of the other fish, I just think the corries aren't smart enough to get out of his way.

Back
Top Bottom