Aggressive Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oriana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help! I noticed today after feeding my 3 platies that one of my females is harassing the other female and male! She is nipping at their fins, chasing them, and won't let them near the surface! What should I do? I purchased 2 of the platies on one day and then the day after I purchased the third (aggressive) Platy. What can I do to prevent her from hurting my other fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay, there are quite a few hiding places in the tank already, the problem is that all 3 want to swim near the top and I'm not sure how I would add a hiding place at the top.

where did you get it from can your return it? I returned a molly that was really aggressive to petsmart just told them it was a mean fish and I didn't want it lol they even refunded me:D

Hmmm I don't know if I would be able to return her. It's really frustrating because the other 2 are so calm and peaceful and then the aggressive one chases them around the tank and is constantly bugging them. The tank is a 13 gallon

can we see a picture and a close up of all the fish. might be a 2 males and a female and you are mistaken?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424884736.787930.jpg

This is the best photo I could get, they are always super active in the morning. I'll try again a little later.

I can't see enough of the anal fins to Id a gender. couldn't hurt to throw in some plants that require less light. what are you feeding

Back
Top Bottom