aggressive rainbiw shark?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have kept the 3" rainbiw sharks with my 1.5" lemon tetras and 2" gold barbs for almost a year already with no problem and aggression.

I change 30% of the water weekly and I vaccum the gravel.

Few days ago I added a baby 1" flowerhorn and the rainbow shark became so aggressive and chase the flowerhorn, he also chase the other fish also. At first I thought a little chasing wouldnt be a problem.

Then next morning I found 3 lemon tetras dead with no bodies and tails.
I dont know what the problem is so I thought it might be the water, so I changed 30% of water and added aquarium salts and turn up the heater.

At night the other 2 gold barbs are dead. Then the next morning the other lemon tetras and the other gold barb are dead also.

In 3 days all the lemon tetras and the gold barbs are dead.

Since all the fish are dead and remain the baby flowerhorn only. The rainbow shark constanly chasing him now.

I wonder whats wrong with the rainbow shark all of a sudden?

From what i understand ranibow sharks can be very aggressiive. I would think that the shark killed your other fish out of aggression-You could remove the flowerhron and take the rainbow shark back to the lfs, and restock the tank.
Sry about your loss of fish.
JMHO

my rainbow shark became super agressive. Infact the fish killed off an adult angelfish at only 2" in length. He also killed off many of my other fish before i caught who was doing it. It was a while since i got him so i donated him as a live snack to his african cichlid tank. That was close to about 9 or 10 months ago now. The rainbow shark is still alive living with things like a 9" male frontosa, 6 haplochromis quads, a male auratis and 2 jewel cichlids .... That is how grumpy of a fish they are.

Back
Top Bottom