Aggressive tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hwalthall

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have had fish on and off all of my life, this is the first time dealing with aggressive tetras. I have in a 20 gallon tank 3 black skirt tetras and 2 neon tetras. Two cherry barbs a male and female and a pleco I added about a dozen ghost shrimp yesterday to help with the waste on bottom in between pwc and woke up this morning to only four left! The orange neon tetra and the biggest black skirt seem to be more aggressive than usual since then... What could possibly be causing them to be this way? The rest are fine. The orange one has been an aggressor since we brought it home. But the large one just recently began this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those tetras and barbs are shoaling species. Each species needs to be in numbers of 6+ to feel comfortable. They're aggressive right now because they're stressed.

Killing Shrimp ? Normal Tetra behavior. New Shrimp need Moss or good hiding places.

Tetras and Barbs need bigger groups to displace aggression for sure.

A 20g is too small for a majority of Plecos. What species ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a hypostomus I got him to help knock down a little of the algae until the Nerite snails get caught up. He will be making his forever home in our outdoor pond with our koi we live in Florida. Not much cold cold weather here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom