Ahh, to do it over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nextgeneration40

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I decided to get back into this wonderful hobby after a 15 year hiatus and teach my 6 year old how to care for fish as well, we went and bought a "starter set" consisting of tank,filter,heater,and hood w light. Not that anything was "wrong" with what was in the set but... With the exception of the tank I probably would have bought different equipment (at an increased price I am sure) but I would have gotten what I wanted from the get go. Now I guess I will replace as necessary until the set is what I wanted from the start... oh well, live and learn..

On the bright side, I have a line on a used 75 gallon that I can do a slow build on, just the way I want it!

True, but spare gear isn't a bad thing. It allows you to buy the nice gear when it is on sale, and gives you back up if something breaks. Because we all know that things break the night before a 3 day weekend when nothing will be open with a storm looming while your power goes out.

Back
Top Bottom