ahh! uneven floor = uneven tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the problem your having, maybe we can help?:)

well i put the shims in and it is getting leveled but the bottom of my stand has a space under it now. you know what i mean? like if you put something on one side of a flat wood it will have a space under? ah its hard to explain but heres a pic..

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 109
Paulcm10 said:
well i put the shims in and it is getting leveled but the bottom of my stand has a space under it now. you know what i mean? like if you put something on one side of a flat wood it will have a space under? ah its hard to explain but heres a pic..

Sorry, I don't really see what the problem is. Are you worried about the space under the tank?

Sorry, I don't really see what the problem is. Are you worried about the space under the tank?

lol i know its hard to explain but wouldn't it mess up the stand if it has a space in the middle of it?

Paulcm10 said:
lol i know its hard to explain but wouldn't it mess up the stand if it has a space in the middle of it?

If its even, I don't think so. Hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer though.

this is the best i could get it to.. hopefully it works out lol

Attachments

• IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 92

Put some shims in the open spaces. Put them in from the front perpedicular to the stand until they are wedged in tight, score them with a utility knife and pull up on them they will break at the score line. You shouldn't have any problems then. Before you set the tank up it might be a good idea to seal all exposed stand that don't have the vinyl covering on it. Water will find its way to the MDF, or particle board during maintenance. It will take more time to get your tank set up but definitely worth the extra effort. I had a composite stand under a 100 gal tank years ago, it failed and made one he## of a mess in our den.

Now I am petrified of composite!! I only use real wood or iron. Iron stands have a cool retro look.

Put some shims in the open spaces. Put them in from the front perpedicular to the stand until they are wedged in tight, score them with a utility knife and pull up on them they will break at the score line. You shouldn't have any problems then. Before you set the tank up it might be a good idea to seal all exposed stand that don't have the vinyl covering on it. Water will find its way to the MDF, or particle board during maintenance. It will take more time to get your tank set up but definitely worth the extra effort. I had a composite stand under a 100 gal tank years ago, it failed and made one he## of a mess in our den.

thats what i did but it still has some spaces but i did the best i can haha.
i think your 100g crashed because of the fact that it is 100g on a composite stand.
mine is a 20g high that is on a 29-37gal stand. so that could be one thing. but overall composite is horrible as a stand..

Back
Top Bottom