Ahhh! To Bid or Not To Bid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been looking around for betta coccina for my 5.5g tank, or possibly even my 10g tank. I just found three on AquaBid for $18! I really want to get them, but I am leaving for vacation on Tuesday and won't be back until Saturday. That's my predicament.

I have a few options: leave them be and not bid, bid on them ask my neighbor to put them in my tank, leave out another tank for them to be in and tell her to just put them in that tank, or ask the person if they'll hold the bettas until Friday and send them out then?

Ah, please help me decide, I have less than 3hrs to decide!

I would ask the seller to hold them, and if he says no,(I don't know why he would, though) I would ask your neighbor to put them in your tank. You should be fine.

I would ask the seller to hold them, and if he says no,(I don't know why he would, though) I would ask your neighbor to put them in your tank. You should be fine.

That's what I was thinking too! Thank you so much!:thanks: I feel so much better about the bettas now:)

Does the seller have other auctions that end after you return?

Personally, I would never ask someone else to acclimate my fish.

I do agree, though, that you could always write the seller (before you bid) and explain your situation.

I do agree, though, that you could always write the seller (before you bid) and explain your situation.

Yeah, but If you give great directions they should be fine. I don't like anyone else acclimating my fish either but if I was in this situation I would have them do it. That being said, though, even with great directions things can go wrong. Contacting the seller is in my opinion your best option.

No the seller does not. I was hoping that there would be, but there are none posted.

Usually I wouldn't ask someone to acclimate my fish either, but she knows about fish, and is easily taught;)

I'll go email him straight away, thanks for the advice!

Here's just a Thanks to both of you for helping! I emailed the seller and he told me that he several trios that he is wanting to sell and he will make sure that there will be at least one trio for me next week! Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom