Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: That place between sleeping and awake, where dreams become reality and songs of the heart are born
Ahhh!!! What are these things????? EDIT: COPEPODS

I woke up this morning to these lil white critters in my snail tank. They are 1mm in length, move and swim very fast and have little round bodies some whith a whip like tail others with a forked tail like this:
O or O
^ ..... |

So I need to know what they are and if they will hurt my snails, the adults or the babies. Thanks for your help, any information appreciated.

Just found out all these things are copepods. AKA: FISHFOOD!! They will not harm fish infact they are a tasty snack for much aqautic life. The ones with forked tails are the females. So anyone else finding these don't panic. You've got free fish food! I HTH others in the future. Take care

Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think i had some of those a while back, i was just getting a good view of them before my smaller top dwellers ate them all. I was told they won't do any harm and it's a treat for the fish.
Satsumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copepods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com