Air Bubbler gone crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55-gallon tank that is new. I have been running an HOB filter so that was aerating the water. I plugged in my air pump, as I will be removing the HOB filter and will require aeration of the water. This pump is only designed for a 10-gallon tank, but it shoots out bubbles like crazy. It's a jet of bubbles. Is there anything I can do to limit it so it's not a mad rush of bubbles? I've tried the long air stones and bubbles come racing out the whole length of that thing. This bubbler is just producing huge amounts of bubbles and fast.

When I used an air pump/airstone on my crayfish tank (RIP Pinchy) I bought an air pump that came with one. But, I seem to remember that you can get them even cheaper than that at Petsmart or another chain store.

If I were you, I would get a gang valve that has one more outlet than what you need. Instead of restricting the flow, bleed air out, as this will extend the life of your airpump.

tropicalfish said:
If I were you, I would get a gang valve that has one more outlet than what you need. Instead of restricting the flow, bleed air out, as this will extend the life of your airpump.

or for the duct-tape solution, if this is only going to be temporary, put a pinhole or two in the air line near the pump, you can always trim off the holed inch or so later so you don't waste a lot of line.

Back
Top Bottom