Air pump noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Robert123 may i ask what do you use the airpump for? If you have an external filter on your tank then its possible that you do not need the airpump at all?

The filter is to keep my tank clean. Becuase my old internal filter couldnt cope with the fish. And i have to use the air pump because both ends of the filter inlet and out let have to be under the water. Becuase its a pressurised filter.
The air pump is just to give my fish abit of air because otherwise they dont have enough air :(

Hi me a little confused but lets see if i have got it right:) Your external is pressurised,but only the inlet needs to be under water as the outlet should be able to be above water? what is the name of your external? I point the outlets from externals towards the surface,so agitating the surface and hence giving good gaseous exchange so that way you wouldn't need the airpump. Air pumps do not add air to the water - its the water movement at the surface which aerates the water. The air pump is simply moving the water and agitating the surface. Hope that all makes sense:) Also could you not simply use the internal with the external?

Hi just googled it an that's an impressive bit of kit(y). If you use the spray bar i would simply point it towards the surface or if you do as i do and just have a single outlet then i would point that towards the surface and hey presto get rid of that noisy air pump:dance: :dance: Just a word of warning when you remove the air pump just keep an eye on the fish and make sure they are OK.{not gasping at the surface} Enjoy the peace an quiet:)
May i ask what do you have in your tank?

Hi it will be OK. This is how i run my externals and the only time i have a problem is when the weather gets really hot so not that often:lol: Then i simply use the airpump while its hot:)

Hi that's great news. I had three tanks in my bedroom once and yes its amazing how noisy that dam air pump is at three in the morning! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom