air pump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tetra whisper air pump that i have a few bubble curtains hooked too in my 150 g aquarium. While bubble curtains are aesthetically pleasing, i feel like they just dont move enough water. I went to a few shops and didnt find anything other than various bubblers. My question is, is there anything that you can attach to an air pump that acts like a powerhead, just blowing into the tank causing real current?

The only thing I can think of is a very large round air stone and more than one of them at different ends of the tank.

Yeah thats kinda what i thought :-\ but was hoping someone would chime in with some kind of power head idea even if it was diy. Esp since its a higher rated air pump. It seems like there should be some kind of attachment that would just blow into the tank to circulate water

Im not really adverse, i just was looking to make some use of the equipment i already had. If i have to buy new i will,

Unfortunately, air pumps are usually good for at best a gentle, local flow. Depending on your nest up, a powerhead might be your best option.

What size powerhead would be best for a 150g aquarium? Those nanos look a little on the small side.

Back
Top Bottom