Air Stone question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aholloway906

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking at installing a 4" Air stone disk into my aquarium. For decorative purposes I want to stack a small pile of rocks on top of it to make it look like the bubbles are coming from inside the pile itself. Are there any issues I will run into if/when I do this?

:thanks:

Provided you stack the rocks with enough space between them for the air bubbles, you shouldn't have any issues. There are many types of decorative air stones on the market, however, if you decide you don't want to stack rocks.

ah...

The best rock to use for aquascaping is lava rock. It's light and porous, so you get the look you're after and the porous rock is a good home for beneficial bacteria.

B

For that size stone you might need to upgrade the pump, my single outlet one from Walmart didn't have enough power for the disk, I had to buy a smaller one and I have it under a piece of DW. Works well and gives the effect of bubbles coming from the wood

Back
Top Bottom