Airstone question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would it be okay to put a air stone of 40 inches in my tank or will that bother the fish and live plants? Tank is 100 gallons and about 27 inches high and had an LED bulb. I can get a flow of less than 40 inches if I need to.

You can put an airstone in your tank if you like them. Personally, I find them very irritating, and aesthetically very unappealing.

I just want a little extra oxygen. It won't affect surface fish or live plant growth will it? Or the temperature of the water?

I just want a little extra oxygen. It won't affect surface fish or live plant growth will it? Or the temperature of the water?

No, it shouldn't. But you don't need one if your filter agitates the surface of the water. Sometimes the airstones can provide too many bubbles, and I could see a 40" long airstone doing that. Where do you get one of those anyways? :confused:

Wow, that's huge. But anyways, you really don't need one. Plus, if you have live plants, they help with oxygen, too :)

Are you sure? My tank is a little deep. I'm getting a community tank. You don't think the demand for oxygen will increase?

What kind of fish do you have? Some fish need less oxygen than others

Back
Top Bottom