Albino bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like the puffers might harass a pleco, and maybe hurt their beaks/mouths on the pleco's armor. However, it all depends on the individuals. I've had pea puffers in a 5 gallon tank with freshwater gobies for years and never had any problems.

I would imagine a 29 gallon would provide enough space for them to live peacefully. Decorate it well, and feed the puffs well, and you could very well have success :)

The pleco almost 100% certainly will. If you're talking about the dwarf puffers, most likely they will too.

Currently I have 12 adult breeding angels and 4 pairs of breeding rams in a 220g planted tank along with a pretty good size Longfin Albino BNP and I have never had issues of anyones eggs being eaten by the BNP. One thing that helps alot with Pleco's in general is to offer them veggies and/or algae tablets 2x a week. All my various species of pleco's in different tanks especially like cooked, deshelled peas and soften zucchini. By feeding them at night a couple times a week tends to keep them more satisfied and less likely to get into mischief.
I'd be careful with the pleco/puffer mix. It is pretty much going to boil down to the personalities of the puffers.

Okay thanks its not even for sure that I'm getting the puffers it's just high pethetical. As of now he'd be with two angels. Thanks.

The one thing about the albino BNP's that I didn't mention is they tend to be out during the day alot, they don't hide all the time like most pleco's do.

Cool pic. I don't know if I have ever looked forwarded a Monday as much as this one. My lfs has two in and a leopard gourami so I hope to pick one of the plecos and the gourami up on Monday.

What size tank are you putting the Leopard gourami in? I see PetSmart selling them as African leaf fish all the time. Plus I thought they got big?

Wouldn't the angel fish and ram protect the eggs from the pleco? Well at least the angels for sure rams are sometimes bad parents so they that might be a different story. But at the same time pleco's don't like thin that are to meaty so they might just stay away from them. Rivercat did you angels chase the pleco away or did he just not care for them?
I feed all my bnp's cucumbers. And they seem to love it! I can go and look at my tank and see maybe 5 of them and then bam! After I put in the cucumber they're just everywhere! This is in a rearing tank by the way and I do have stuff in the tank it's not bare bottom.

Back
Top Bottom