Albino buenos aries tetra , r.i.p.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike4242

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of My aba tetras died :(. I took the other one looking a little sad in a 55 full of cichlids, and moved him into my 20 long. There at zebra danios In there and they instantly started schooling after him. He seemed a little sketched out at first, but now he seems to be quite happy as a member of the zebra danio school in my 20 long. :) just wondering if different fish schooling is common, and what experiences other people have had.

Sorry to hear about that :(

Is the 20 gallon a 20L or 20H?

IMO the tetra should have a school of his own. I would say 6+.

If your original ABA that died was in a tank full of African or large SA cichlids, I wouldn't be that surprised if he died. They are very aggressive.

Mike4242 said:
One of My aba tetras died :(. I took the other one looking a little sad in a 55 full of cichlids, and moved him into my 20 long. There at zebra danios In there and they instantly started schooling after him. He seemed a little sketched out at first, but now he seems to be quite happy as a member of the zebra danio school in my 20 long :)

It says 20 long

bruinsbro1997 said:
Thank you for clearing that up Danio :)

IMO it should be fine then with a school of Buenos Aires. A small school though, these get big.

Your welcome

I don't plan on adding any aba tetras. They had them at a lfs near me so I grabbed a couple when I was first starting out in the hobby. Now I am roughly 4 months in running 2 tanks and everyone is well. I just think it was his time to go, they reacted fine around the cichlids and the cichlids weren't aggressive toward the tetras.

Back
Top Bottom