Albino Cory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should grab a few more. Cories are shoaling fish and do best in groups of 5-6. Plus, you will really enjoy watching them when they are swimming around in a group.

I agree, add a couple more if you have the room for them in your tank. They will act more naturally when they have some buddies! :) They were my favorite corydoras by far.

I know you shouldn't feed them straight away, but I dropped two pellets in for him and he never found one! My neons were more interested!! Is this normal?

How long ago did you add him/her to the tank? It is normal for fish to take a while to get comfortable in their new set up. What kind of pellets are you feeding it? Mine used to love hikari (sp?) algae wafers and shrimp pellets. I'm convinced pretty much any fish likes to nibble on shrimp pellets. Even my large angelfish will pick at them.

They're actually cat fish pellets recommended by the store. Only added him and a couple of neons this afternoon.

I wouldn't worry at all! My albino and three-line cory cats sometimes miss a shrimp pellet. They will eat it when they find it. :). My guppies nibble them too.
I started with one cory and now have three of each. They are more fun in groups! They keep up with the pellets better too, which means you won't have to pull as many back out. ;)

I can imagine they're great as 2-3 but I only have a 5 gal tank, 7 neons and the Cory. I dunno if I could accommodate anything else.

Well, I definitely understand! When my first albino was the only one, she was definitely an "honorary guppy" ha ha. She plays with everybody in the tank. Good luck & congrats on your new one!

You could even add spotted corys or green corys. They will all shoal together :)

Back
Top Bottom