Albino Dojo Loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoseidonCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone,

In a recent thread I posted a pic of 1 of my 3 Dojo loaches which I've always thought were typical gold dojos. But somebody told me something fascinating after seeing the pic that I wanted to get more information about. They told me gold dojos have dark eyes, because my fish have red eyes (I got them all at the same time from the same person) they are much rarer albino dojos. Is this true? Are there albino as opposed to gold dojos and how common or rare are they? If you have gold dojos are their eyes dark or red? Exciting news if it's a fact but I love them either way. Looking forward to some confirmation, attached is the pic, thanks.

Attachments

• mydojo.jpg
    mydojo.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 895
I'd say albino yes. They have no colour pigment in them

Thanks! OMG, this is getting exciting! Here's a closeup of him, they all have the same body coloration and red eyes as he does:

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,359
My golden dojos had dark eyes. They are not true albinos, but a variation. The condition has a name but it's evading me at the moment. Cool you have actual albinos!

Most gold loaches are leusistic varieties of the regular dojo loach but this is indeed an albino.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom