Albino fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey,

Do all the albino fish eventually go blind? cause i read that it happens to albino angels all the time

any info would be greatly appreciated

Well, i've never hurd of this before, but im sure not all of albino fish go blind, lots of Albino Cory's do fine, so I doubt this is the case, as for other fish i'm not sure.

I know that human albino's have problems with sunlight and things, but never hurd of anyone going blind from being an albino.

HTH

no, i was reading a book by this one guy

ill post the name asap

Eyesight diminshes with age. People can go blind with ageing, so can dogs, anyone ever had an old blind dog? It follows that an old gnareld fish could also have bad eyesight. It does not mean that all Fish, digs or people WILL go blind.

Figure out the name of the book yet? This I'd like to look into. I've never heard of such.

i will find it asap

still trying to remember, i checked out the book it said that the albino angelfish go blind after a few months like 2 or 3

My albino angels are older than that and they aren't blind. When I come in the room and react to me. Just like the rest. Always hungry.

The only blind albino fish I know of is the blind cave fish, but thats because they live in the dark and eyesight is useless to them.

Books on angelfish indicate that albino angelfish are a weak strain.

My experience with them is quite different. As long as they are outcrossed to
black eyed strains every few generations they are very prolific.
I have spent several years developing various color varieties as well.

http://home.fuse.net/fishfarmer/Angelfish.html

So it may be possible that they can go blind because they are a 'weaker' strain. But I'd still like to see you quote the book Rudy.

Don't get bent Rudy. We are all just curious. I have several albino fish and would be extremely interested in reading this material. As would everyone else.

i know i was joking but yea, ill find it tomorrow and post it when i get home, if i dont take a nap cause i got an EOI test for Algebra I and well you know its really stressful

The problem is that a lot of incorrect and misinformation does get published...especially within aquaculture and herpetoculture.....if a single reference disagrees with many, it is likely the single one that is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom