Albino Pleco And Ralphie Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JokerBebop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a really really neat Albino Pleco. Its all orange and it has a bushy mouth. I wanted to put it in my tank with the oscars, but the lady kept insisting the oscars would kill it. My mom overheard and decided to throw it in the pond. 2 Questions. Would my oscars kill it ? I already have a pretty good size pleco in there with the oscars, along with a baby pleco. Nothing has happened to them. Second question, the lady at the fish store also told me Albino Plecos have a stunted growth ??? This true ?

Last question :( I also got some neat Catfish ( I believe they are Ralpheal Catfish ) for my other 10 gal tank. Its a tropical tank so they will be okay. I was just wondering how big will they get ? If they grow real big I may throw 2 or 3 of them into the pond.

Thanks for the help

Fact is, anything that an oscar can fit in it's mouth will more than likely be eaten. Albino's run on the small side and won't get anywhere near as large as your others.

Raphael's can get fairly large.

Raphael Catfish grow 6-8 inches big, depending on the specie.

What do ya mean:"Throw them in the pond?" :? Is it a heated pond? What will you do when winter comes?

Oh the pond is located at my moms house wich is down in Miami, thats where I just setup my new tank with my little bro,. So the winter there is like 65 degree's. So the fish should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom