albino rainbow sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Myah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank which includes:
1 angelfish
1 rubber lip pleco
5 mollies
3 red tetras
4 neon tetras
and soon to come some rainbow fish
I really am interested in albino rainbow sharks and was wondering if one could be a member of the tank family. I have a very planted tank with a lot of hiding spots. :fish1:

Anyone have rainbow fish experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shark*

As long as you're ready for a very big fish. all of the rainbow sharks tend to get very large (upwards of 6") The only experience I've ever had with them is they can become semi-aggeressive towards their own kind. Otherwise, you should be okay!

I'm excited about the size but would they eat my mollies and tetras?

I'm excited about the size but would they eat my mollies and tetras?

I would say once they get to become a decent size, they may fin nip those fish. Which you will want to be weary of.

Edit: Your best hope is that the tank is large enough that they keep to themselves

If you are planning on attemping the ARS I would suggest only getting one, because having 2 or 3 will make them very aggressive towards each other.

I have an albino rainbow shark in a tank with several different cichlids and they all get along just fine. He's a very active little guy he's only about 2 1/2 inches right now. I did have another rainbow shark initially with him but as others have said they did not get along so I rehomed the normal rainbow in favor of the albino because I like the look of the albino more. I've never seen it show any aggression towards other fish except for the other rainbow shark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom