Albino Senegal Dragonfish eating my cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athens.asad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently bought a dragonfin fish and 2 of my small cichlids are missing since today. Is the bichir eating them ? I have removed the last cichlid left . Now I have 3 clown loaches and 1 albino cory cat ... Is he a risk to my 3 inch loaches ? Please suggest as my loaches could become his breakfast while you are replying ! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400617341.626182.jpg

As i said in one of ypur other posts, none of these fish are at all suitable for a 10g tank. I would consider taking them back and starting fresh, as even in a much bigger tank they aren't compatible

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As i said in one of ypur other posts, none of these fish are at all suitable for a 10g tank. I would consider taking them back and starting fresh, as even in a much bigger tank they aren't compatible

+1 on Fishinfreak's post. Each and every one of these fish is way to small for a 10 gallon, and they are not compatible with each other.

depends on the size of both the african cichlids and the bichir. and just like what everyone else said.... you should return the fish if you didnt even research them and just decided to buy random fish. they, first of all, are not compatible together, second the fish will probably outgrow the tank within a month, and third you didn't even RESEARCH about them. i would suggest to give them back to the pet store EVEN if you decide to get a bigger tank (at least a 55) in the future.... which won't be tomorrow. and not to mention that it is a 10 gallon like FishinFreak said. not trying to be mean but you really have to consider RESEARCHING if you want to buy certain fish.

I also have a 80 g tank which I am thinking to operate now . But what I am concerned about are my clown loaches . They are 3' and the bichir is 4' . Are they compatible ???

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess not. Also, I'd highly reccomend setting up the 80, but keep in mind you'll still have only one of these types of fish (cichlids, birchir, or clown loach) in it due to comparability ( they'd kill each other). The others you'll need to return, and the one you keep more research will needed for.

Ok thanks , Given a choice I would always go for clown loaches . They are pretty, smart and do well in schools. :)

I have 3 clown loaches with my Senegal bichir and they get along perfect. The only issue I've seen is if the loaches are small enough to be eaten. They don't bother each other at all.

Whatever happened to the cichlids? Were they eaten? If so id be careful with the bichir and loaches until the loaches are decent size

Actually, either way, if the loaches are only an inch or so shorter, I'd guess he would leave thwm alone.

@Tanks- mine is exactly the case , 3 clowns and a Senegal . Almost of same size . I have heard clown loaches do very good in school but one of my older loach is always chasing & bullying the 2 newer ones of same size .Is it because of the tank size or are they territorial or something else??? Have you too experienced something similar !

Mine do it occasionally but only for a few minutes. I put in a small school of tiger barbs as I heard they will school together and oddly enough they all do. Since then I haven't noticed any issues at all.

Thanks so much Tangs... It's one of my favourite combinations.I just hope your barbs are big enough to escape the bichirs mouth !

O yea lol my bichir is extremely lazy and only about 7 - 8 inches. The barbs are about an inch but to wide for her. She usually sits on top of her favorite plant just watching lol

Back
Top Bottom