Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLoViper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the best way to get rid of algae spots on the glass?
Thx

1st of all dnt put ur tank in such a place where sunlight can reach.
2nd wash ur tank glass with a soft scrubber like sponge once a week wen u siphon ur water
3rd put some sucker catfish like plecos,they can make ur work much easy
4th use anti-algae agent like API algaefix.

I have a scrubby on a stick and a 3-in-1 tool that has a scrubby end, a metal blade end, and a gravel rake end. Blades a great for glass, the scrubbies are good for glass or acrylic. Don't use blades on acrylic, they will scratch it up. Scrub the walls before a water change so you can suck up anything you scrape into the tank. You can also use a regular kitchen sponge that has never been used for anything else. Be careful with algae removing chemicals, they are usually not safe for invertebrates and may irritate your fish. Reducing your lighting is the first line of defense for avoiding algae.

I think using my light for too long during the day caused the algae to grow on my glass. Ive had a light on for at least 10 hours a day.

Do u hav a planted tank? If not den jst dnt keep ur lights on for so long.I think 6 hrs is enough.

No its not a planted tank, yeah i think ill cut down with the lights

Back
Top Bottom