Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some green algae growing on my back glass
I don't mind it there but it is also getting on my plants:banghead:
The tank is a ten gallon cycled tank
I will be placing in driftwood
Stock is-
1 Molly(To be rehomed next weekend)
8 female guppies(four fry)
1 male guppy
3 peppered cories
The current stock will be moved to a 90 once I get it set up and cycled
Could I add an oto or two once the algae explodes?I'll make sure to see them feed on wafers or lettuce or SOMETHING besides algae and diatoms first..LOL
I've had an oto before(before I knew how to cycle and properly feed and stock etc..but I never had goldies)and know how hard to care for and sensitive they are.

I don't suggest adding anything else right now. Once you move some of the other fish out, you could get an oto pair IMO. In the meantime, try decreasing your light cycle.

No,I want the algae-It gives a natural look to my clown-puke-gravel-and-live-plants tank
The Molly is leaving in two or three days,considerably lowering my bioload
I have several plants sucking up nitrates and such
The guppies and cories won't be moving out for AT LEAST another month if my used media instantly cycles the tank as expected-I'll be doing a fishless cycle with the media for a few days for bacteria to get established but then I'm adding my cories,then letting the bioload adjust for 5-7 days,then adding 4 guppies,letting bioload adjust,then 5 more guppies then letting the entire thing sit for a week or so then slowly adding in my stock from low to high bioload

Back
Top Bottom