Algae Critter ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have got a small bit of algae, nothing that is severe it is as under control as it can be. It does not harm anything in the tank at all as far as i know. The only thing is it has small pin sized critters that scurry on it. I thought they were baby snails but they are quite speedy. This is a picture of them, can anyone ID them and tell me what to do or if they are harmful?

84922-albums13402-picture64002.jpg

I can't really see them very good but look up pic's of copepods and seed shrimp.

That green spot algae on the rocks can be gotten rid of by increasing phosphates up at least 3ppm. That level usually does the trick. You might also need to shorten your photoperiod a little.

I can't really see them very good but look up pic's of copepods and seed shrimp. That green spot algae on the rocks can be gotten rid of by increasing phosphates up at least 3ppm. That level usually does the trick. You might also need to shorten your photoperiod a little.
thanks rivercats, I think they are copepods because of how they move also! And yeah I'm probably going to so a blackout but the algae doesn't bug me so much. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom