Algae eater with fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
What algae eater is okay with 4 week old platy fry? They like to lay on the ground a lot so yeah. Pond snail maybe? I have plants so if they don't eat plants that would help a lot. 20G tank BTW

I've got molly fry and to be honest I wouldn't trust a bristlenose with them even. I've got snails and they do a great job without bothering the tiny fry on the substrate.

That's interesting jetajockey. They haven't harmed your microscopic shrimp babies at all? I'm not worried they'd eat anything, more just be a bit rough knocking them around.

No, for the most part, the shrimp are smart enough to get out of their way. But the plecos don't really move around all that much either, I think the only time I see the two interact is when there are wafers or pellets on the bottom. And usually the water current that the plecos churn up is enough to push the shrimp out of the way when they are rummaging.

Every once in a while I see the shrimp crawling on the plecos also.

Aww well if he lets them crawl on him I suppose he's just a softie.
Thanks for educating me jetajockey (y)

Btw it's 20G long by will the bristlenose up root my plants? What are some kind of shrimp I could get? Hm what kind of snails that don't eat plants?

Back
Top Bottom