Algae Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they are fake you don't need to worry about the dose! And just rinse them since you have well water you don't really need to do anything major just dip rinse and replace.

Wasn't worried about the plants more wanting to make sure I left scorched earth behind ??so not how much is too much but how little is too little?

I would love some advice to, I have algae on my glass due to having a heavy planted tank, I have my light on from 900 am to 7 pm, and have tried scrubbers, ottos, and amano shrimp although I lost all but one otto.

I would just fill a cup up with enough peroxide to dip the fake plants into. And Roxane maybe reduce your lighting period to 8 hours or less. If my lights are on too long I will notice algae on the glass. I take an ID or similar card and scrape the glass. So lessen your lighting period and manually remove the algae and hopefully you'll see some results!

I would just fill a cup up with enough peroxide to dip the fake plants into. And Roxane maybe reduce your lighting period to 8 hours or less. If my lights are on too long I will notice algae on the glass. I take an ID or similar card and scrape the glass. So lessen your lighting period and manually remove the algae and hopefully you'll see some results!
Thank you. I will try that I have pretty low light plants, so they should be okay if I lesson the light, I have swords, a dwarf lily, and crypt.

The algae on the vals turned red and some is turning a more orange-ish color. Hopefully it will die off completely soon! The vals are all still looking ok no signs of melting so far. Hopefully once the algae is gone they will perk back up and start growing better again. They used to be so nice and long and were sending out shoots. Not anymore! ?? What can I do to get them growing nice again?

Back
Top Bottom