Algea Eating Eel!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StyleUK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

I've got a 20gallon tank with 4 mollys(1 male and 3 females all pregnant), a Tire Track Spiny Eel who is currently 12inches long oh and a Kissing gourami about 5 inches long, hes only there because his partner died and he likes the white mollys. Infact I think he thinks he is one! I keep the eel in there to eat the babies from the pregnant mollys for a little excitement for the little guy as he does'nt like being with my other eels in his old 55gal.

Anyway, the mollys all eat the Algea wafers I put once a week to vary their diet a little more along with their blood worms and veggies. I've just put the wafers in and saw the eel poking them so I quickly turned on my webcam but before I could get a pic of him eating one he quickly swallowed the whole thing! I mean I feed him worms and blood worms very day why could he possibly want some nasty veggies! Anyway I got some pics of him eating another one or just about to anyway.

Why is he doing this? Anyone else had this before? I've never seen this before maybe I should try it with my eel tank and see what they think.

eel3.jpg

eel2.jpg

eel1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom