All change...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, when I got home last night, I found my snail tank in complete darkness, I had the main light on before I left, so I tried the LEDs, they wouldn't light up, then I switched off the main light and the LEDs instantly came on, sooo, I think the main light's ballast has blown... :(

It was essentially a cheap 12v worklight, with the same bulb fitting as a PC light, stripped and fitted into and old Halogen transformer's case with the light fitting and bulb suspended in the lid and sealed with hot-glue, but, my DIY light has died on me, I opened the case up and it smelled bad, the "magic blue smoke release" type of bad, so I need a new light, lucky I spotted some nice Power Compact stuff at the pet shop the other day, so I'll have to see how much they are as the snails are in the dark bar the blue LEDs... :(

On another note, the other tank felt nice and warm, alsmost like a warm bath... :mrgreen:

You'd think the larger tank would be fine now, it's not, I took a nosey under the cover and there's still green patches.... :evil:

Might have been because I had the filter running so I've turned it off now to see what that does.... :mrgreen:

As for the snail tank, I got myself a clip-on lampholder and a "Cool white" compact fluorescent and that's helped a lot to get the algae growing, but the pet shop didn't have the bloomin' ballasts for the bulb I got, so I'm still down by one light... :(

Back
Top Bottom